Tyler's birthday at Domino's

Tyler's birthday at Domino's

Monday, August 23, 2010

So excited for many more trips to come!

How time flies, I am going into my 3rd week here and it seriously feels like I just got off the plane still. Now that we are finally getting settled and have more time on the weekends to do things on our own, we are finally getting to visit places we have all been so excited to see in person instead of pictures in textbooks.

We have traveled to Briviesca, Ona, and Santander so far, but there are lots of other places to come! It has been very hot here this last week, which means we are finally getting to enjoy some of the most beautiful beaches in Europe! We saw and conquered Santander last weekend, and this weekend are planning to take a trip to San Sebastian. This city has been a wealthy area in Spain for hundreds of years, and used to be where all of the kings would take their summer vacations in the past. It is about 3 hours away from Burgos and I am very excited to go. Everyone says it is more beautiful than the beaches of Santander, but I am going to have to see it to believe it!!

We are planning a trip to Barcelona, Madrid, Sevilla, Cadiz, Cordoba, and many other cities. We are actually going to have an excursion next saturday to Salamanca (where the very first university in Spain was build), and I cannot wait to see all of the history that town has to offer!

There are too many places to see and not enough time to see them all, but I am going to do my best to see as much as I can during these 4 months and take in all of the different ways of life of every region in Spain.

If anyone has been to Spain and has a "Must see place" please let me know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment